Total Joint Patient Education
This class is offered throughout the week and is strongly encouraged for all patients undergoing total hip, total knee, or partial knee surgery to attend 2-4 weeks prior to surgery. At this in-person class, patients and one support person will meet with some of our joint care team to help prepare for the procedure and plan for a successful recovery.
During the class, we will discuss:
- What is Joint Disease?
- Ways your coach/caregiver can help
- Meet some of your joint care team members
- Healthy Eating
- Review pre-operative and post-operative exercises
- Learn about assistive devices and joint protection
- Discharge planning/insurance/equipment
- Complete pre-operative forms