Current Visitor Restrictions
Our visitor restrictions will be updated as the situation changes with COVID-19.
To help prepare our patients and their partners for a positive birthing experience, we offer a variety of childbirth education classes. Our classes are designed to help you make informed decisions, learn techniques to help you relax and cope during pregnancy, and make your labor and delivery as comfortable and satisfying as we possibly can based on your wishes and your situation.
Birthing Inn Amenities
From the earliest stages of prenatal care through birth and post-natal treatment, the Birthing Inn at Froedtert Pleasant Prairie Hospital provides a comfortable, modern environment for parents and their babies, with a wide range of amenities to make families and new arrivals all feel more welcome.
- 15 spacious rooms with private showers and whirlpool tubs for labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum care
- 12 additional rooms for post-partum care
- Outpatient rooms for evaluation, testing and other procedures
- Pull-out sleeping sofa for your partner or support person
- Neonatal nurse practitioners on site with neonatologists on back-up call 24/7 to support your newborn as needed
- Special lullaby welcome to announce your baby’s arrival
Childbirth and Family Support
From the weeks leading up to your delivery all the way through after you are discharged, we offer a wide range of services and resources to support the health and wellbeing of expectant mothers, their partners and newborns.