Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
- Decreases pain, stiffness, muscle spasm guarding
- Improves posture, balance and coordination
- Enhances relaxation and freedom of movement for increased muscle tone
- Increases circulation, range of motion, strength and endurance
- Better mobility through reduced joint strain
- Stronger morale and self-esteem with the increased opportunity to succeed
- Enhances sensory feedback and body awareness
- Improves muscle tone and strength and endurance
After Care Aquatic Program
The After Care Aquatic Program is designed to allow patients discharged from physical therapy the opportunity to continue their exercise program in the aquatic environment. This program is not considered physical therapy and Medicare or insurance will not be billed for participation in the program.
For more information, please contact the Aquatic Therapy After Care staff at (262) 551-4711.