Occupational Therapy Services
To help you live and feel your best every day, we’re committed to providing comprehensive treatment for every condition requiring occupational therapy. Our services generally include a prescribed treatment program, a thorough evaluation of home and work environments with adaptation recommendations if necessary, assessments and treatment for functional limitations, recommendations and training for adaptive equipment and guidance for family and caregivers.
- Custom splint fabrication
- Ergonomics evaluations
- Edema control
- Injury education
- Pain management
- Scar management
- Sensation management
- Work conditioning
- Wound care
- Upper extremity range of motion and strengthening
- Assessments and treatment for performance skills
- Neurodevelopmental treatments
Services Typically Include:
- A prescribed treatment program and plan of care aimed at improving patient’s ability to carry out the activities of daily living;
- Comprehensive evaluation of home and job environments with adaptation and recommendations if necessary;
- Assessments and treatment for functional limitations;
- Recommendations and training in the use of adaptive equipment; and
- Guidance to family and caregivers.
Certified Hand Therapy
- A Certified Hand Therapist (CHT) specializes in the treatment of the arms and hands. Patients who have experienced the following would benefit from CHT services:
- Post-traumatic injuries such as crush, lacerations or tendon ruptures;
- Post-surgical injuries; carpal tunnel release or ganglion removals;
- Nerve irritations/injuries, carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel or pain syndromes; or
- Chronic degenerative disorders such as rheumatoid and osteoarthritis.
Lymphedema is a condition in which there is considerable swelling in the body, usually in the arms and legs. This is caused by a build up of excessive proteins or fluid in the tissues. A person can experience lymphedema due to a variety of reasons such as lymph node removal from cancer treatments, surgical knee replacements, cellulitis in the legs or as a congenital problem that may occur for no apparent reason. The key to treatment of lymphedema is early intervention and proper treatment. A skilled therapist will evaluate and develop an individualized treatment program.
Neuro-Developmental Treatment (NDT)
NDT is an advanced therapeutic approach that focuses on the analysis and treatment of impairment in individuals who have suffered injury to the nervous system. Those who would benefit from NDT treatment include patients who have had:
- Traumatic brain injury; and/or
- Individuals with dysfunction in posture of movements.
This specialized, hands-on therapy uses knowledge of a-typical movement patterns to develop an individualized treatment program that restores posture, strength and teaches movement strategies for individuals to carry out life skills more efficiently.